Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Busy Girl



Raine has been so busy learning all she can. She is such a big helper already. She throws her diaper away herself, wipes my nose, and hands us things. She has also been getting better at feeding herself and is now very steady on her feet. She has been really into trying on our shoes lately and she gets so frustrated that she can't walk in them. It's pretty cute. She has also learned to clap and wave bye. It is so fun how much she is learning. Her new favorite game is to throw all of her toys in the kitchen - not the funnest game for me. Raine is also really into fruit right now - not eating it, hugging it and carrying it around. Every time we go to the store she thinks she needs to get an apple or orange or some kind of fruit or vegetable. Sometimes she does try to taste it, but usually she just wants to hold it. She gave me her pear the other day and I made the mistake of biting some of the peal off so she could eat it. That seemed to take the fun out of it.

Raine and I got Dan a "Rogue" t-shirt and a "Future Horde" onsie for his birthday. I know, I know it is not his birthday yet, but I am terrible about presents. I get too excited and end up either having to give the present or I tell the person what it is. So, to avoid telling Dan what we got him, we let him open it early. I did hold out for like 2 weeks though. I'm getting better. The shirts are from the video game he is glued to so he thought it was pretty neat. Rogue is one of his characters and the Horde is the group to which he belongs, the bad dead guys I think. I don't know, I really try to listen when he is talking about it, but I really have no idea what he is talking about, so not much is retained.

I started babysitting for a new family today. Raine gets to come with me and we will be there 4 hours a day 5 days a week. Today was our trial day and the 2 boys (almost 2 and almost 4) seem to get along with Raine and are pretty well behaved. Raine thought it was pretty neat to follow the "big" kids around all day. The younger boy tried to kiss Raine a couple of times - Raine didn't see a need for more than one kiss. She thought the first kiss was funny and then he grabbed her head to try again (apparently he didn't get the first kiss in the right spot) and Raine tried to give him the toy she had thinking that would get him away from her.

2 comments:

Brian & Brandi said...

Cute story about the kiss. Hopefully she still feels the same way when she's a teenager. One kiss at a time. She is at such a fun stage. It brings back good memories of my boys. All of the pictures of Raine were so adorable. Her beautiful eyes, little teeth, and growing hair. I can hardly believe thats she almost one!! How time flys.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Raine!!!!!
Love Nana, Uncle Kieran, Uncle Zachary, Uncle Jaiden, and Aunt Keisha!!!!


Loved the story and all the great pictures. Raine is growing us so fast-I can't believe how much she changes each week!

Tell Dan we all said Happy Birthday too!!!