Raine and I signed up for swim lessons at the end of the month. I think it will be a fun way to spend 2 hot Phoenix weeks and I'm sure we will learn a bunch. Raine really enjoys the water so I think she will enjoy it. I just hope she is cooperative. She loves to just do her own thing, so I'm not sure how she will like having to stay and learn first.
113 degrees today! ugh. Poor Raine starts wiping at her face when the heat from the car (or just outside) hits her. She loves spraying herself in the face with her spray bottle though. We keep a spray bottle in the car to help keep her cool and she will sit in her car seat and happily spray herself in the face. Luckily she hasn't tried to drink the water or spray me yet. ;)
Today Raine had her 16 month well check with her new pediatrician. I really like like the new doc. We have a woman, Dr. Kelly (both Dan and I had a Dr. Kelly, so I thought maybe it was a good choice). I thought maybe Raine would like a woman doctor better, but it appears she hates all people who poke and prod her, make her get naked and examine her. The office is quite nice, nice garden landscape with a fountain and everything, fun things to play with in the waiting room. Raine had a great time playing with all the stuff, walking around and exploring. They called us back and Raine happily held my hand and walked back with me, until ... (imagine horror movie music here) ... she heard screaming kids, saw scales, and the dreaded exam room. She stopped, let go of my hand and stood in the middle of the hall looking around and then she started back to where we came in screaming. I had to carry her screaming trying to climb over me into the exam room, where she continued to scream until the nurse left. We waited happily reading a story until the doctor came in. As soon as the doctor came in the room Raine started to try to climb over me and scream. Poor girl was not happy. Luckily the doctor was really nice about it, touched Raine as little as possible and stayed on the other side of the room when she was asking questions. Raine has put on a few pounds and is doing fine in her growth. She is still on the small side, but the doc said it was nothing to be worried about and to just try to get her to eat more solids before she gets milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment