Sunday, March 30, 2008

Moving





Dan took some video of our new house today after we unloaded some stuff. It is very messy with everything right now but you get the idea. We will do a video after we get all moved in too, so you can really see it. Our camera only does 30 second video so that is why there are 2. It is small and not perfect but I think we will make it a nice place to live. Raine and Mo already seem to like it a lot. I showed Raine her room with her toys and she was very excited to play and shut the door on me. Apparently she needed some alone time. She also loves the backyard, which means I will have to get over having a clean baby. I don't know why but I get a little stressed out or anxious when she gets dirty and want to clean her up right away. Yesterday while she and I were there she literally rolled in the dirt. I have cards with our new address to send out to everyone, I just need to get some stamps... so hopefully I'll get those out tomorrow. We will probably be moved in this coming weekend. I will be so glad when we are finally in and things settle down. I thing Raine will be too, she has been very clingy lately and we decided that maybe it is stressing her out to not really know what is going on. Today I was loading things into the vehicles with her strapped to my back because she just wouldn't be anywhere that wasn't touching me.

Raine has been learning so much. She now knows her head, belly, belly button, toes and sometimes her eyes and nose. She will wipe her face and nose if you give her a wipe and ask her too, she will go and sit on her changing pad when you tell her it's time for a diaper change, she will get her jammies out of her drawer when asked and today she helped me make strawberry/blueberry pancakes. She put all the berries in and tried to stir (which ended with batter all over her, but she had fun and it kept her busy). Oh, and she loves to take things to daddy, if she finds something that she knows is Dan's she takes it to him right away, or if I ask her to take him something she runs it to him. She also loves to shut doors, which I have discovered is not as good as I thought. She sometimes shuts herself in dark rooms, yesterday she kept shutting me out of the new house when I came up with hands full of boxes, and today the poor girl shut her thumb in a door. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up!

Dan is still working like crazy, but he is doing really well. He was trying to quit smoking a few weeks ago and he did so well for almost a month - he was only having like one cigarette some days, but doing so much overtime he gave up the quiting for now. He will give it another try soon I think. I was so proud of him, he was doing very well! I think it will be easier when he tries again too because we will be in a new house and he won't have a smoking buddy anymore. I am hoping that work will slow down for him soon so he can get a break and relax for a while.


I have still been babysitting for the 2 families. One family is very occasionally and the other is 5 days a week. It is so nice to have the extra money and it is even nice to be doing something for a few hours a day. It gets me out of the house, even if it is to hang out with other kids. It's funny because when I was just home with Raine all week I really wanted to get out of the house and do stuff on the weekends and poor Dan being at work all week really just wanted to hang out at home. So, having this job lets me appreciate being home a little more, I'm not so stir crazy. Raine really likes the other kids, so it is pretty fun for her. This last Friday we babysat the occasional family that I have been watching for a few years now and we all had a good time, the kids are 4(almost 5) and 3. The oldest is a girl and the younger is a boy and Raine thought it was so neat to have a big girl around. She just loved playing with the kids and their toys and just watching them, sometimes copying what they were doing. It was too cute. The kids really enjoyed her too, which I was thankful for because back in December when I watched them they were very stressed out that she was touching their toys.

1 comment:

Karon said...

Verna: Don't know how you have the energy to babysit, take care of Dan and Raine, move and still get things on the blog. Glad you do.
Love, Grandma K