Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



I hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day! Here is a fun link to some info about St. Patrick's day from the history channel. I enjoy learning about what we celebrate so I thought I'd share the link if you are interested. http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=mini_home&mini_id=1082

We had a pretty uneventful day. We all had to work today and poor little Raine is sick. (Although, she still manages to find the strength to play and be mischievous - the doctor said it must be the Irish in her.) I made my first attempt at corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots yesterday. It turned out OK, it seemed like it was missing something, but it was still good. I really only wanted the left over meat to make Reuben's with anyway. :) Raine thought it was OK, she tried some bites but didn't seem to have a big appetite. She has had a fever of 102.6 the last 2 days. I feel so bad for her, she just feels like she is burning up. I was worried she had a throat infection because one of kids I babysit had that, but the Dr. said it is just some 5 day virus going around. He said other than the fever she looks great.

I was so proud of her today. She ate so well at lunch. She had some macaroni and cheese, some apple and some chicken. She loves macaroni and cheese. She gobbled up nearly all of what I gave her, which she has never done. She also did very well drinking her liquids today! Oh, to be a mom, huh? What do "normal" people get excited about? Oh, well. I think it's exciting that she is getting better about eating real food - she has also gained almost 2lbs and grown and inch this last month. She is so funny and so smart. She was very frustrated with Dan and I this morning for trying to put a cool, damp cloth on her head, but when we were leaving to go babysit I got her her little wash cloth and gave it to her damp and for the rest of the day she put it on her own head. She was so cute walking around with the cloth on her head. She would take it off and put it on or in her diaper bag and then later she would go get it and put it on.

Today Raine found her old baby swing under the bed and decided she needed in it so I reassembled it and she is now napping happily in it. It is too funny, the things she didn't really like when she was a baby she enjoys now. She loves pacifiers now (which I was afraid she would become addicted to one, just as she should be weaned from them - she's OK with out it though), now her swing and she found a bottle as I was cleaning out our diaper bag and decided she wanted to drink out of that now. Silly girl. I tried for almost a year to get her to drink from a bottle! She will get to hang out with Dan tonight while I teach yoga. They have been getting Monday nights together and I think they have fun.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments: