Happy Easter!!
Raine went to her first Easter egg hunt today. We got a flyer from a church down the street that was having a community egg hunt. It was pretty cute. Raine carried her basket around all morning, while we were at home I put her shaker eggs in her basket and told her we were going to find eggs and put them in her basket, then Dan gave her a pep talk on how to find eggs and off we went. She was too cute, she saw some eggs and right away picked up a few eggs and put them in her basket. Then she took them out, carried them around, put them back in her basket, took them out again, and then she figured out how to open them - so she opened all of them. She was so excited when she found the eggs, you could tell she was proud of herself.
After the egg hunt I had to go to a yoga workshop for labor/birth (which was neat and interesting, I wish it would have been around before Raine). Raine and Dan hung out together for a few hours while I was there. Dan made peanut butter, banana, honey sandwiches for the two of them for lunch. I don't think Raine was convinced that it was edible though, she wouldn't even take a bite. Silly girl, I know she would think much of the food we put in front of her is yummy if she would just taste it.
When I got home Raine and I went shopping for dinner and she was so excited because she got to push the shopping cart (they had mini carts just her size). She was a very good shopper. She pushed the cart like a pro and when I gave her something to put in the cart she did it very enthusiastically. Then she decided to pick out things on her own - if left to her own devices we would have bought a pack of mixed nuts, popcorn, chile chips, minestrone soup, and chicken broth. :) She even got to try a free sample of organic animal crackers (which she later threw up all over me).


No comments:
Post a Comment