Friday, September 7, 2012

Raine's First Day of Kindergarten!

I can't believe my baby is in kindergarten!

This was Raine's very first day of kindergarten.  She went in for a few hours to meet her teacher and do assessment testing.

She was so excited she literally RAN to the door!

This was the first official day of kindergarten.  We all went early for the welcome to school assembly where each class got to enter school under a balloon arch.

Again, she RAN to school, excited as can be.
Raine under the balloon arch.

I spent so long trying to ease Raine's fears about going to school and get her excited about it that she was so ready.  The important thing I forgot was to prepare myself for her going to kindergarten.  About a week before school started I read a friend's blog about her daughter starting kindergarten at the same school.  At that moment I realized what Raine going to kindergarten meant to me, the enormous change that was coming my way.  So, of course I immediately burst into tears.  Which I then did again anytime I thought about her going to school, when I dropped her off at her assessment day and again on her first day of kindergarten.  (And I am starting to tear up yet again as I type this - and we are finishing our 3rd week of kindergarten).  I wasn't really crying because I was sad although I do miss her while she is at school, I was just so proud of her and the little person she has become.  She was so grown up and brave about going to school!  More brave than mommy, who was just pretending to be brave. 


No comments: