Saturday, November 15, 2008

Colorado here we come!

On December 1st we will be moving to Colorado. Dan got a great new job in Denver as a Project Manager so we are happily moving back to our home state. We are going to miss the friends we have made here in Phoenix, but it will be so nice to be closer to most of our family! We are really excited about Dan's new job. He will be getting great experience and learning so much! He might also get to work from home a bit.

Our first month or so will be pretty crazy because we will be staying in different places. Dan will pretty much immediately go to Denver and start work while Raine and I will stay in Alamosa with family until we find a great place to live in Denver. Raine and I are going to miss Dan so much! But we will hopefully get to see him on weekends and such.

I am pretty excited about the move (not the actual moving part - I hate that part) but the new experiences it will bring. We get to start a new little life. I am hoping we can find a rental house with room for an office for Dan and a yoga room for me so that I can start teaching more classes again. I truly feel that this is the right thing at the right time, this is what we are supposed to be doing.

In Raine news:
This little girl is the silliest, smartest, cutest little thing. She said her first full sentence earlier this week: "No, no, touch the TV button." Adorable, right? I wish I could report that it was "I love you mommy" or something. We are just in awe of how smart she is, I know every parent feels that way but it is still amazing. I was packing up some stuff last night and I wrote "Bathroom" on the box, as it was full of bathroom related items, as I was writing Raine was pointing out the letters to me. She correctly identified "h", "o", and "m". I was very impressed! She is also a good little counter, she can count to 5. I was counting with her the other night and she started saying the number that came after whatever I just said. Dan and I were surprised because we didn't realize she knew all that. Her vocabulary is pretty expansive now, she knows and can say just about everything she comes into contact with. One of her favorite games is identifing things and tellling me where they are or where they go. Being a mom is so fun!

I am so excited that many of you will get to spend more time with Raine now that we will be in Colorado! We really miss everyone and want Raine to be able to know her family. I am so glad we have the opportunity to give her that gift.



1 comment:

Brian & Brandi said...

Very Cute pictures of Raine!! She's growing leaps and bound both physically and mentally... how fun! Congrats on the move!! We are very excited for you to be closer to family. Hopefully we will get to see you more often, and know Raine better. I think its cool that you know this is the right direction for your family. I feel like its a blessing for you to move closer to family, and Dan to have a better job. There's talk about a trip to Colorado for Christmas maybe we'll see you then.