Monday, December 15, 2008

Burr... Colorado is cold!


So, here we are back in cold Colorado. Dan is working hard in Denver and Raine and I are hanging out with everyone in Alamosa. We will all be so happy to finally have our own home again so we can all be together again. We miss each other terribly.

It sounds like Dan's job is going really well. He is putting in long hours and working a lot, but they are making progress and doing well. It sounds like he is enjoying it, he is such a natural leader that it is perfect for him. Plus he gets to work with his friend and learn a lot about build computers and stuff like that. He was soldering computer parts today when I talked to him.

I think Raine likes getting to play with everyone's toys. It seems to be easier for her to relax and warm up when everywhere we go there are toys for her to play with. We are excited to get to play with Jordan tomorrow at Grandma Trisha's. I think Raine will really like having more kid interaction. Raine has also been playing with Jaiden and Zach. Poor Jaiden gets stressed out because she keeps telling him that his toys are hers. That is one of her new favorites phrases, "My toy, My food, My mommy." She doesn't seem to mind the cold too much and she thinks the snow is, "cool, huh?" Raine also likes seeing all the wild life. We have seen deer wandering around town and cows and horses everywhere.

Since we've been here in Alamosa we have gone to Denver with my mom and Jaiden, to Chuck E. Cheese in Springs (Raine's first trip there), hung out and played with Grandma Trisha and Aunt Roberta, played at Papa & Grandma 'Chele's and decorated the tree with Nana. Nana took Raine and Jaiden to Build A Bear while we were in Denver, which she thought was pretty neat. She is going to be pretty spoiled because Grammy Tami wants to take her to Build A Bear too. It was so hard for her to choose a bear. She loved everything I showed her. :) She had a pretty easy time picking out an outfit and accessories though, she found a skateboard that she liked, but she settled on a baby bear kit. I think she would have been just as happy with just the baby bottle, silly little girl.

Raine has been very silly these last few days. I think she may be having Daddy with drawls. :) Today she was telling me that I was a "Silly Billy Bean", when I asked her if she was a silly billy bean she said yes and giggled. She has informed me that pretty much everyone we know is a silly billy bean. :) That includes you.

We did our limited Christmas shopping last weekend (and some online shopping last week). We are only getting for the kids this year, so we were able to get a few things we hope they will all enjoy. I am excited to be closer so we can spend more time with everyone and have a better idea of what the kids are interested in. We are trying to limit our shopping for Raine until we get settled into the new house, so we will just do a small Christmas and big birthday for her this year. Raine and I are also working on Christmas cards so I will get those sent out eventually. :)

1 comment:

... said...

Oh, I feel for you guys not being able to be near each other! You both are strong chicks! =) I absolutely cannot WAIT until Riley starts talking & saying cute things like 'silly billy bean' - that warmed my heart! We focused on the kids this year too present-wise. It's sure to be a great time opening presents - I'll have to record it. If it's anything like last night's event - we may win the ten grand on America's Funniest Videos! =P Take care & I hope The Hockers have a great Christmas!