We have been on media overload lately. We got a free month of digital cable with our internet and Dan now has his xbox 360 so we have all been wandering around trying to figure out what we want to do first.
Dan has finally had a week without overtime and even a weekend off! He has been very excited about the xbox too - I have not, because I feel like I need to be taking advantage of our digital cable. :) It is funny how after you get used to not having tv really you don't miss it, but once you have time with it again you don't want to loose it. I have been very excited to have HGTV back and with our free trial we have every single channel imaginable so I have found all kinds of new exciting things - like about 8 discovery channels, fit tv (where I do yoga and belly dancing), and noggin for Raine (we like Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends).
Back to Dan's weekend off... On Saturday Raine and I went to a farmer's market and got the best Chai tea, some honey just out of the hive and I got a really neat necklace made of wood with an amethyst stone. Dan stayed home to play xbox. Then we went to a birthday BBQ at Dan's friend James' house. Dan had a lot of fun, relaxing, talking, drinking, eating. Raine had a tone of fun too, she played and played - she stayed up until 10:30pm. She played on their son's playhouse and on his 2 tire swings. She had so much fun we are now in the process of making our own tire swing. I wish I would have gotten pictures of that, but it was dark by then and I was too worried about her falling off to think about a camera. On Sunday we went to an "aquatic center" almost a mini water park. We all had a lot of fun. Raine LOVED it. She played all over and of course wanted to do everything by herself. She went under for a second a couple times and didn't even care (while I was hyperventilating pulling her up - Dan just said, "she's fine, she held her breath").
The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful - except for the 109 degree weather...
I hope all of you are are happy and healthy and that we will get to see you sometime soon. With love - Verna, Dan, Raine and MoDog


1 comment:
Hey Verna,
I loved the little video of Raine in the rain. I really enjoy all of the posts. Raine really seems so grown up. Makes me a little sad because I miss so much in such a short period of time. But, I am so thrilled that she is so smart and inquisitive. Thanks for all your hard work so that we can be a part of your lives.
Love Tami
Post a Comment