Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's new?




Raine has been learning like crazy! I can't believe all the new stuff she does. She knows a ton of words and signs. She will repeat any word or letter. She absolutely loves her Signing Time DVDs and will go get one and come to me saying and signing "Signing, Signing". She has also decided that TV is pretty neat. Now if the TV is on she will sit and watch it for a while and when I turn it off she says/signs "More". So, I have been limiting TV time. We have a few shows that we watch and she enjoys. Our favorite kid approved shows are: Jane and the Dragon, Signing Time, Charlie and Lola, Sid the Science Kid, Jakers, and Super Why. It is so neat that she is learning from these shows. Super Why is all about reading and letters and she knows a few letters now. Her favorite letter is "E" - there is a song by They Might Be Giants called "E Eats Everything" she loved the video for the song. She loves to know about everything, she wants to know what and where it is. She knows pretty much everyone we saw in Colorado, she love to look at the pictures and ask who everyone is. She has also discovered the joys of the dreaded "NO". I have been testing her to see if she is answering no to everything but she says yes too sometimes. She is even more opinionated now! It's a good thing she is so cute. She is also starting to play a little more on her own, which is nice. Now I can do things a little easier and not have to try to do everything during nap time. She is also getting better about listening, so it is less messy when she "helps" me with things (like the dishes, she used to dump water all over the place).


Dan recently went to Las Vegas for work - a video game convention. It sounded like fun and he made some important contacts. He did an awesome job while he was there and everyone was impressed! I think it was really refreshing for him to get out of the office and office politics.


I am still babysitting (just 2 days a week now) and trying to get my observations hours done for my yoga training so I can be finished. Soon I will be a "Master Yoga Teacher".


Here are Raine's favorite sites:


http://pbskids.org/sid/


http://pbskids.org/jakers/


http://pbskids.org/superwhy/


http://www.charlieandlola.com/


http://www.janeandthedragon.co.nz/

No comments: